These special services are only offered to applicants whose flights are exclusively undertaken by CSN. Passengers who have booked connecting flights or round-trip flights with other airline companies should apply to the corresponding companies for similar services.
To find out more about applying for special services, passengers can consult a CSN direct sales office or dial 4006695539 to contact the customer service center.
Medical Certificate or Diagnosis Certificate
- 1. In any of the following circumstances, CSN has the right to demand that a passenger show a medical certificate issued by a hospital recognized by the airline and signed by the passenger’s doctor:
- a. The passenger carries an incubator for premature babies;
- b. Medical oxygen equipment is needed during the flight; CSN currently only has airborne oxygen tanks available for emergency use and does not provide airborne medical oxygen equipment. Medical oxygen services are therefore currently not provided on our aircrafts;
- c. Taking a flight poses potential risks to the passenger, or the passenger needs special medical care during a flight;
- d. The passenger has contracted a severe infectious disease, but he/she will not infect others if proper preventive measures are taken.
- 2. Three copies of all medical certificates or diagnosis certificates are needed. The patients’ conditions and the results of their diagnosis should be written on the certificates by hospitals at county or city level, and the certificates should also have doctors’ signatures and hospitals’ official stamps on them.
- 3. A medical certificate shall include the conditions that must be observed to prevent the spread of diseases or infectious diseases. In principle, only a medical certificate issued within 96 hours before the flight departure is valid. In case of serious illness, it shall be filled and issued within 48 hours before the flight departure. Medical certificates for persons with disabilities who do not require additional medical assistance during flights to safely complete their travel should be issued within 10 days prior to the departure date of the flight.
Boarding Application for Special or Disabled Passengers
If a passenger applies for special services during his/her flights through a CSN direct sales office or customer service center, a paper-based boarding application should be provided.
- 1. To take the flights of China Southern Airlines, sick and disabled passengers are required to fill in the “Special (Sick and Disabled) Passenger Carriage Application Form” in triplicate to indicate that if the passenger suffers aggravated conditions, dies or causes harm to others during the journey, the applicant shall bear full responsibility.
- 2. The “Declaration and Release (Special or Disabled Passenger” form should be signed by the passenger in person. However, if he/she is unable to do so, the signature of one of his/her family members or guardians is also valid.
- 3. CSN is not excused from liability for the loss, damage, or death of wheelchairs or service animals that disabled passengers have checked in on China-US routes.
- 1. The companions should declare the companionship when booking seats, and tickets are issued separately. The companions should travel on the same plane as the disabled they accompany. Passengers applying for WCHC/WCHS (except for disabled passengers) due to the illness as prescribed in the Article 1 of Travelling Passengers' Health Guides must have companions in the same class cabin with full capacity for civil conduct and nursing ability.
- 2. Escorts should be able to take care of the disabled passenger(s) and help them to evacuate in an emergency. They should also sit next to the disabled passenger(s) except for safety reasons.
Gentle Reminderr: All kinds of special check-in services (including online check-in, SMS check-in, self-service check-in) are inapplicable to special passengers and passengers who are required to provide other check-in certificates for verification (including important passengers, injured and sick passengers, disabled passengers, disabled soldiers (policemen), pregnant women, unaccompanied minors, teenagers and the elderly, passengers who need special meals, etc.), who shall bring their valid ID documents and other necessary certificates directly to the CSAir check-in counters of the airport.