On May 18, 2018, China Southern Airlines began the “one ticket – through” service for transits from domestic flights to domestic or international flights (China Southern Airlines) at the Wuhan Hub.
I. Domestic to International
Domestic arrivals (L2) → take the specified escalator (or elevator) to the transit passageway (L4)→ inspection and quarantine, customs and immigration inspection → security inspection → wait for flight at the international departure hall (L4)
II. International to Domestic
International arrivals (L3) → go through inspection and quarantine, immigration inspection (L2) → collect checked baggage → customs inspection → check in at the check-in counter J and check baggage (L4) → security inspection → wait for flight at the domestic departure hall (L2)
III. International to international
International arrivals (L3) → go through inspection and quarantine, immigration inspection (L2) → collect checked baggage → customs inspection → check in at the check-in counter H and check baggage (L4) → inspection and quarantine, customs and immigration inspection → security inspection → wait for flight at the international departure hall (L4)
I. Application Scope for Free Accommodation for Airline-to-Airline Transfer via the Wuhan Hub
- 1. Only applies to transit passengers with booked seats China Southern Airlines flights (including code-sharing flights), who have domestic-to/from-international, international-to-international transfer via hubs for which the connection time is 8 to 48 hours (including domestic flights operated by Chongqing Airlines or Xiamen Airlines that connect with China Southern Airlines international flights).
- 2. The flight segments before and after the transit must be in one booking code.
- 3. Flight connection time refers to the interval between the scheduled arrival time of the inbound flight and the scheduled departure time of the onward flight. For the applicable conditions for matching transit connecting flights, please refer to the table below:
Previous Flight Onward flight CZ Domestic flights CZ Domestic code-sharing flights operated by Chongqing Airlines or Xiamen Airlines CZ International code-sharing flights CZ International flights CZ Domestic flights × × √ √ CZ Domestic code-sharing flights operated by Chongqing Airlines or Xiamen Airlines × × √ √ CZ International code-sharing flights √ √ √ √ CZ International flights √ √ √ √
- CZ Domestic flights and CZ International flights refer to flights for which the actual carrier and the flight sales code are both China Southern Airlines.
- CZ Domestic code-sharing flights operated by Chongqing Airlines or Xiamen Airlines refers to code-sharing flights whose flight sales code is CZ (China Southern Airlines) but for which the operator is Chongqing Airlines or Xiamen Airlines.
- CZ International code-sharing flights refer to code-sharing flights whose flight sales code is CZ (China Southern Airlines) but for which the operator is a foreign airline.
- No free transit accommodation can be arranged for the connecting flights other than those marked with “√” above.
II. Free Accommodation Service Standards and Content
- 1. For one transit in Wuhan, we will provide free accommodation for one night. The free accommodation service includes one night at a hotel (including breakfast) and a ground shuttle service (airport = hotel, railway station = hotel = airport).
- 2. For service standards, please refer to the table below:
Physical cabin of two segments before and after transit in Wuhan
Accommodation Standard Shuttle Service Standard Class of Vehicle VIP Five-star hotel Separate vehicle Class B or above Domestic transit for which both segments are first/business class
Includes any transit for first/business class on an international segment
China Southern Airlines gold card
One room for each person - - Domestic transit for which either segment is first/business class
Domestic-to/from-international transfers for which domestic segment are first/business class
China Southern Airlines silver card
One room per person at a four-star hotel Separate vehicle Class A or above Other Passengers Two persons in one room at a four-star hotel or above Subject to flexible arrangements Subject to flexible arrangements
III. Free Accommodation Application Procedure and Notes
- 1. Upon the ticket issuance by sales units, please fill out the Application Form for Free Transit Accommodation in Wuhan and send it via email to the Wuhan Transit Counter of China Southern Airlines. Email: email@example.com; Tel: 027-65590813 (office hours 07:00-22:00 every day).
- 2. China Southern Airlines receives applications for transit accommodation service at Counter 50 (Island J, Departure Hall, Level 4 of Terminal 3).
- 3. For group passengers, or other passengers with a large number of fellow travelers, please apply for the service at least 3 days in advance. If a group submits a service application later than the time specified, the China Southern Airlines (Wuhan) transit counter will try its best to process the application, but it cannot guarantee that the service will be provided or that the service delivered is consistent with the service standards.
- 4. In case of refund, change to flight dates or change to number of passengers, etc., which leads to change in accommodation demands, the applicant (applying unit) must inform the China Southern Airlines Wuhan Transit Reception Counter by email. Where service cost is wasted due to the applicant’s failure to report such change, China Southern will issue a penalty ticket to the air ticket issuer via the settlement center to recover such cost.
I. Applicable Passengers
Airline-to-Airline and Airline-to-Railway passengers who transit at the Wuhan Hub (Wuhan Tianhe International Airport) on the same day and have to stay in Terminal III. The “Airline-to-Railway Transit” applies only to passengers from other provinces. This policy does not apply to free tickets.
II. Applicable Time
January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
III. Service Details and Standards
The free transit meal coupon can be used at designated restaurants in Terminal 3, where free designated set meals will be provided. Restaurant addresses and names are as follows:
- 1. International Departures Hall (L4) Yue Gang Tea Restaurant
- 2. International Waiting Lounge (in the isolation area) DIO COFFEE + Hand-made Noodles with Beef
- 3. Domestic East Airside Concourse (L2, in the isolation area) Ajisen Ramen, Wuxiaoguan, Briccocafe, Mr. Lee
- 4. Domestic West Airside Concourse (L2, in the isolation area) DIO COFFEE + Hubei characteristic foods, Longxinglou Lanzhou Beef Noodles (2 restaurants), Hubei Specialty Food
Opening Hours: 08:30-22:00
IV. Meal Coupon Claiming and Using Process
- 1. Claim Times: 08:30-20:00.
- 2. Collection location: Wuhan Tianhe International Airport Transit Service Counter (4 counters in total)
- a. No baggage Transit service counter at domestic east and west airside concourses (L2, in the isolation area)
- b. Check-in baggage Transit service counter at domestic east and west baggage halls (L2, in the isolation area)
- 3. After completing the transit check-in procedure at the Wuhan Tianhe International Airport transit service counters (hereinafter referred to as the “transfer counter”), the transit passengers may claim their “free transit meal coupon” by presenting the boarding pass of their last flight segment and their ID card. If the boarding pass of last flight segment has been lost, passengers can enquire as to the information required at the transit counter and then claim meal coupons. The “Airline-to-Railway” transit passengers should present their train tickets for that day.
- 4. After claiming the transit meal coupons, passengers can enjoy designated set meals at specified restaurants in the terminal building. Passengers should present their transit meal coupons and transit boarding passes when requested by the restaurant and sign the "transit meal coupon" registration form.
V. Remarks and Instructions
- 1. Note: This service is provided by the Hubei Airport Group. CSAIR only assists passengers in applying for the service, and does not assume any related responsibility.
- 2. The “transit meal coupon” should be claimed by the passenger in person at the transit service counters and used on the day.
- 3. “Airline-to-Airline Transit” passengers staying in the Terminal on the day may claim coupons with no flight limits.
I. Applicable flights and targets
Only applies to passengers who have successfully purchased China Southern Airlines (Wuhan) airline-to-railway products (international and domestic) and will transfer on the same day.
II. Applicable Period
January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
III. Service Content
Provide passengers with free shuttle services between Wuhan Terminal 3 and Wuhan/Hankou Railway Station. Other Notes:
- 1. The shuttle service between the airport and the Wuhan Railway Station is available to both individual and group passengers. However, the shuttle service between the airport and the Hankou Railway Station is only available to group passengers of more than 20 (included) persons.
- 2. A dedicated shuttle bus will be arranged for group passengers of over 20 (included) persons. Individual passengers travelling to and from Wuhan Railway Station can take the= free airport bus for this route.
- 3. Operating Hours:
- a. Tianhe International Airport to Hankou Railway Station: Based on the appointed time by the group
- b. Tianhe International Airport to Wuhan Railway Station: 09:20 - 19:20
- c. Hankou Railway Station to Tianhe International Airport: Based on the appointed time by the group
- d. Wuhan Railway Station to Tianhe International Airport: 09:00 - 19:00
IV. Free Shuttle Service Application Process
- 1. Upon the ticket issuance by sales units, please fill out the Application Form for Free Transit Shuttle in Wuhan and send it via email to the Wuhan Transit Counter of China Southern Airlines. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 027-65590813.
- 2. Individual passengers shall apply 2 days in advance; group passengers (over 20 persons) must apply 3 days in advance. Applications in a short notice are not accepted. For applications made later than the time specified, the transit team will try its best to coordinate with the airport side, but whether the shuttle service can be provided is subject to actual conditions. Hankou Station provides shuttle service for groups of 20 or more passengers only.
*e.g.: departure from Zhengzhou - Wuhan(transfer) - San Francisco
departure from San Francisco- Wuhan(transfer) - Zhengzhou
I. Applicable flights and conditions
- 1. Applicable to international and regional flights of Wuhan Hub.
- 2. Not applicable to code sharing flights or free tickets.
- 3. By April of 2018, airline-to-railway transfer has covered 24 cities as follows:
Province City Name 3-Character Code Hubei Province Enshi ENH/EWV Hubei Province Shiyan WDS/EJQ Hubei Province Xiangyang KLJ Hubei Province Yichang WZE Hubei Province Shiyan EJJ Hubei Province Xianning IUO Hubei Province Jingmen JJL Hubei Province Qianjiang JQJ Hubei Province Huangshi HSD Hubei Province Tianmen TMV Hubei Province Xiaogan GGX Hubei Province Xinyang (Xinyang of Henan province belongs to the Hubei sales area) XYW Henan province Zhengzhou TTZ Hunan Province Chenzhou LQP Hunan Province Hengyang HBP Hunan Province Loudi LLD Hunan Province Zhuzhou DHU Hunan Province Changsha DDV Hunan Province Yueyang YUG Jiangxi Province Nanchang JJJ Jiangxi Province Jiujiang JJJ Anhui Province Hefei KFI Anhui Province Lu’an LLQ Jiangsu Province Nanjing NKJ
II. Service Content and Standards
- 1. Where passengers departing from or heading for a designated city are on inbound or outbound CSAIR international or domestic flights at Wuhan Hub, they will receive, for free, an HSR or CRH economy class ticket between Wuhan and the designated city.
- 2. CSAIR provides free ground shuttle service between the airport and the railway station.
- 3. Customer service for Air-Ground products (Luojia Aviation Service): 027-87888888 ext. 2 (international air ticket).
- 1. This product is only available at our offline ticket offices or through our authorized international ticket booking agents.
- 2. Related services are only available when the ticket number contains the information of virtual railway segments upon ticket purchasing.
- 3. The station of railway segment in the ticket number should be consistent with the actual issuing station of railway ticket.
- 4. Anything not explicitly mentioned is subject to the interpretation of Hubei branch of CSAIR.