Transit through Canada without a Visa
I. Procedures for Visa-free Transit
China Southern Airlines has officially joined the Transit Without Visa (TWOV) Program and the China Transit Program (CTP). Passengers who are eligible by meeting the following criteria may transit through Canada without applying for a Canadian transit visa when taking a China Southern Airlines flight to their final destination in the United States:
- 1. Holds a valid passport issued by China, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan (China), or The Philippines;
- 2. Holds a valid US visa;
- 3. Travels on a China Southern Airlines flight from Guangzhou to Canada;
- 4. Transits through Vancouver International Airport or Terminal 1 of Toronto Pearson Airport, with the final destination being the United States,
TWOV passengers may stay in the TWOV transit area and the area around the US boarding gate, but must leave Canada before 18:00 on the same day of arrival and head for the United States by taking their transfer flights.
II. Procedures for Visa-free Transit
Before boarding, the China Southern Airlines Check-in Department will check your ID and visa to confirm whether you meet the requirements for visa-free transit:
- 1. The Canadian Transit Without Visa (TWOV) is only applicable to flight CZ329. As the US transit hall closes at 20:00, flight CZ377 does not meet the requirements for TWOV.
- 2. Passengers must hold a valid passport issued by China, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan (China), or the Philippines, and travel on a China Southern Airlines flight to the United States (only holders of a US visa permitted) via transit in Canada. Eligible passengers do not require a Canadian transit visa.
- 3. Passengers who hold a US Green Card (United States Permanent Resident Card) and transit in Canada must apply for a Canadian eTA, regardless of whether they take flight CZ329 or CZ377.
- 4. Because the TWOV hall closes at 20:00, all TWOV passengers to Vancouver must take a connecting flight before 18:00, otherwise they will not be able to use the TWOV channel to go to the US.
III. Flight Information for Reference
China Southern Airlines Flight Schedule: Guangzhou – Vancouver
|Routes||Flight Number||Take off(local time)||Arrive(local time)||Schedule|
|Guangzhou to Vancouver||CZ329||14:00||09:26||Daily|
|Vancouver to Guangzhou||CZ330||11:30||17:20||Daily|
Indonesia/Thailand/Taiwan (China)/Philippines – Guangzhou
|Flight available city||Schedule|
|Jakarta||One flight per day|
|Bali||One flight per day|
|Bangkok||Five flights per day|
|Chiang Mai||Every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday|
|Taipei||One flight per day|
|Manila||Two flights per day|
Information for Flights Originating from Vancouver and Traveling to a US City Operated by Partner Airline Companies of China Southern Airlines
|Departure city||Arrival city||Partner airline company|
|Vancouver||Los Angeles||Canadian WestJet Airlines|
|Minneapolis||Delta Air Lines|
|Salt Lake City|
*The time above is local time; please check the actual time.