Urumchi transit Service
Passengers holding China Southern Airlines tickets for two segments of a journey (within the same PNR) may request boarding passes and baggage to be checked for both segments at the departure airport. These passengers do not need to collect their baggage at the transit airport.
The one-ticket service is currently being trialed on the Tbilisi and Baku routes for international flights departing from other countries and transiting in Urumqi. However, passengers still need to collect their baggage for customs clearance by themselves.
Express Check-in Service
Passengers transferring to domestic flights in Urumqi who have not purchased a ticket for their next flight with China Southern Airlines (or whose two segments of their journey are not within the same PNR and therefore do not support the“one-ticket” service) can go to the China Southern Airlines’ Transfer Counter by baggage carousel number one in the arrivals hall of terminal three to collect their boarding passes and check in their baggage.
Express Boarding Service
Passengers transferring to domestic flights in Urumqi who are eligible to use the “one-ticket” service or have checked in at a China Southern Airlines transfer counter can take a China Southern Airlines transfer elevator to the arrivals hall where they can go through security checks before going directly to the departures hall. This saves both time and effort.
Transfer Lounge Service
The transfer lounge is located by the transfer elevator in the domestic arrivals hall. It provides drinks, books and magazines, as well as wireless Internet access. Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided to transfer passengers every day at 09:30, 13:30 and 19:30, respectively. Passengers with a transfer time of more than four hours may wait in this comfortable environment for their next flight.
One-on-one Service for First/Business Class Passengers
China Southern Airlines provides our first/business class passengers who are transferring in Urumqi with a“one-on-one” service. A staff member will be assigned to each of these passengers. The staff will greet passengers at the cabin door, help them to collect their baggage, guide them to the first/business class lounge, and then help them to board their next flight.
Express Plane-to-Plane Service
Passengers with a transfer time shorter than the minimum connection time (MCT) will be greeted by transfer personnel at the cabin door and taken to their onward flights. The service is provided in the following four situations:
- 1.Domestic-to-domestic flight passengers: Passengers with a connection time that is close to the minimum connection time (MCT) of 50 minutes will be guided by transfer personnel to complete procedures and then taken to their boarding gate. If the passenger has any checked baggage, the transfer personnel will collect this baggage from under the aircraft and bring it to the onward flight, ensuring that the passenger and his/her baggage can arrive at the destination on the same flight whenever possible.
- 2.Domestic-to-international flight passengers: If the connection time is less than 100 minutes, transfer personnel will greet the passenger at the cabin door. If the passenger has any checked baggage, he/she needs to collect the baggage by himself/herself and proceed to the international departures hall to complete the check-in procedures. After this, the transfer personnel will help them to their boarding gate.
- 3.International-to-domestic flight passengers: If the connection time is less than 90 minutes, transfer personnel will greet the passenger at the cabin door. If the passenger has any checked baggage, he/she needs to collect the baggage himself/herself and then proceed to the domestic departures hall to complete the check-in procedures. After this, the transfer personnel will help the passenger to their boarding gate. Beginning at 00:00 on February 28, foreign tourists entering Urumqi for the first time need to provide their fingerprints at the immigration checkpoint. Transfer staff will help passengers to register their fingerprints.
- 4.International-to-international flight passengers: If the connection time is less than 60 minutes, transfer personnel will greet the passenger at the cabin door. If the passenger has any checked baggage, he/she needs to collect the baggage by himself/herself and then proceed to the international departures hall to complete the check-in procedures. After this, the transfer personnel will help the passenger to their boarding gate.
Free Accommodation Service
The specific criteria for free accommodation are as follows:
- 1.For passengers who are transferring from a domestic flight onto another domestic flight and have purchased a ticket involving a connecting flight departing the next day within 24 hours, China Southern Airlines will provide them with a free nights accommodation in a standard single room. Checkout time is at 14:00 the next day and meals are not included, however a free shuttle bus is provided between the hotel and the airport.
- 2.For passengers who are transferring from one China Southern Airlines international flight onto another China Southern Airlines international flight for which they have purchased a ticket and has a connection time lasting over six hours, China Southern Airlines will provide them with one nights free accommodation in a standard single room. Checkout time is at 1400 the next day and meals are not included. However, a free shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport is provided.
- 3.For passengers who miss their connecting flight due to a delay with their first flight and are therefore unable to catch their connecting flight (only for transfers with China Southern Airlines), the China Southern Airlines’ Transfer Counter in Urumqi will provide passengers with free food and hotel accommodation as well as a free shuttle bus service to and from their hotel.
Note: Passengers arriving on a domestic flight need to go to the China Southern Airlines’ Transfer Counter next to the baggage claim hall in domestic arrivals hall number four to arrange their accommodation. Passengers arriving on an international flight need to go to the China Southern Airlines’ Transfer Counter located near the entrance to the international arrivals hall to arrange their accommodation.
Accommodation Reservation Service
A group of ten or more passengers may apply to China Southern Airlines Transit Services for a group hotel reservation. In such circumstances, they need to send the passenger names, arrival flight details, arrival date, arrival time, connecting flight number, transfer date, contact information, and phone numbers in a form by fax to 0991-3808877 (extension number 9771) or email to email@example.com. They then need to call 0991-3800209 or 0991-3800210 to confirm that the fax was received and get their reservation number. Once the reservation has been made, China Southern Airlines Transit Services will arrange reasonable accommodation for passengers in advance.
Flight Criteria : China Southern Airline and its international codeshare flights.
- Flights with domestic transfers and an overnight stay with a connection time of ≤24 hours;
- Domestic-to-international, international-to-domestic, or international transfer flights with a connection time of ≥6 hours.
First/Business Class passengers, SkyPearl Gold/Silver Card members, SkyTeam Super Elite/ Elite passengers: A single room in a 4-star (or above) hotel;
SkyPearl Economy class or Economy class passengers: One bed in a twin room in a 3-star hotel
24-hour transfer service hotlines: 0991-3800209 or 3800210.
Russian services provided by the Silk Road Eagle Group.
24-hour visa-free transfer service for international-to-international flight passengers.