These special services are only offered to applicants whose flights are exclusively undertaken by China Southern Airlines. Passengers who have booked connecting flights or round-trip flights with other airline companies should apply to the corresponding companies for similar services.
To find out more about applying for special services, passengers can consult a China Southern Airlines ticketing office or dial 4006695539 to contact the customer service center.
Applications for transporting donated organs: Personnel from organ procurement organizations transporting donated organs should contact China Southern Airlines on 95539 to apply for a transportation guarantee at least four hours prior to their scheduled departure. These personnel should also prepare all relevant documents for the air transportation of donated organs, and ensure correct packaging of the organs.
Certificate of Diagnosis
- (1) In any of the following circumstances, China Southern Airlines has the right to demand that passengers show a Certificate of Diagnosis issued by a hospital recognized by the airline and signed by the passenger’s doctor:
- a. A passenger is carrying premature infant incubator on board;
- b. A passenger needs medical oxygen equipment during flights. China Southern Airlines currently only has airborne oxygen tanks available for emergency use and does not provide airborne medical oxygen equipment. Medical oxygen services are therefore currently not provided on our aircraft;
- c. Taking a flight poses potential risks to a passenger, or a passenger needs special medical care during a flight;
- d. A passenger has contracted a severe infectious disease, however they will not infect others if proper preventive measures are taken.
- (2) Three copies of all medical certificates or certificates of diagnosis are needed on carbon copy paper. The patients’ conditions and the results of their diagnosis should be written on the certificates by hospitals at county or city level, and the certificates should also have doctors’ signatures and hospitals’official stamps on them. If on-board oxygen tanks are needed, requirements including the required oxygen flow, medical requirements for the passenger to use medical oxygen, as well as the maximum oxygen amount and maximum oxygen flow required per hour during normal flights and under specific cabin pressures should be noted on the certificates.
- (3) Preventive measures to protect against spreading passengers’ diseases or infections should be stated on medical certificates or certificates of diagnosis. Certificates are valid only when they are issued within 96 hours of the flight departing or within 48 hours if passengers are seriously ill.
- (4) For disabled passengers, their medical certificates or certificates of diagnosis should be issued within 10 days of their journey starting, and new certificates are not required on return journeys. Preventive measures to protect against spreading passengers’ diseases or infections should be stated on certificates. Certificates are valid only when they are issued within 96 hours of the flight departing or within 48 hours if passengers are seriously ill. The medical certificates required for disabled passengers to prove that they can take a flight safely without medical assistance should be issued within 10 days before their departure.
Boarding Application for Special or Disabled Passengers
If a passenger applies for special services during their flights through a China Southern Airlines ticketing office or customer service center, paper-based boarding applications are provided
- (1) The passenger who is applying for special services should complete three copies of the “Boarding Application for Special or Disabled Passengers” form on carbon copy paper which states that they are fully accountable for situations such as a worsening of their condition, death, or causing harm to others.
- (2) The “Boarding Application for Special or Disabled Passengers” should be signed by the passenger in person. However, if he/she is unable to do so, the signature of one of his/her family members or guardians is also valid.
- (3) China Southern Airlines is not excused from liability for the loss, damage, or death of wheelchairs or service animals that disabled passengers have checked in on flights to or from China to the US.
- (1) Accompanying persons should state that they are accompanying others when reserving their seats and their tickets should be purchased separately. Accompanying persons and the accompanied disabled passenger(s) should take the same flight.
- (2) Accompanying persons should be able to take care of the disabled passenger(s) and help them to evacuate in an emergency. Accompanying persons should also sit next to the disabled passenger(s).
All of the featured check-in services (including online check-in, mobile check-in and self-service check-in) are not offered to special passengers or passengers who have to check in with other certificates (including important passengers, injured or ill passengers, disabled passengers, disabled veterans or policemen, pregnant women, unaccompanied elderly people or children, and passengers in need of special meals). These passengers should therefore check in at a China Southern Airlines’ check-in counter with their valid identification documents used when purchasing their ticket and other certificates as required.